Applications and Features
Applications for Webster Hardness Testers are:
- Identifies heat-treated from nonheat-treated parts.
- Provides correlation between a bench mounted hardness tester and the
- Segregates materials in stock.
- Differentiates between soft or work-hardened
- Identifies parts made from improper or substandard alloys.
- Checks for proper heat-treatment response.
- Useful in conjunction with stationary laboratory hardness testers.
Gives a rapid 100% check on parts which would consume many man hours with
slower operating test equipment.
- Can be used on assemblies that cannot be brought to the labs.
Webster Hardness Testers Feature:
- One hand operation and portability.
- Round 3/8 inch diameter anvil permits testing a great variety of shapes.
- Simple operation permits readings independent of the operator's skill.
- Test is made by simply applying pressure to the handles until
"bottom" is felt.
- Easy-to-read dial indicator with 20 graduations permits use of the tester
as "go" and "no-go" gauge.
- Standard hardness gauge tests materials up to 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Increased capacities available up to 1 inch.
© 1999 - 2008 Webster Instrument, Inc.